The Writer's Room
Team up with a few.
Benefit your whole team.
– MICHAEL SCHUR, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER OF NBC COMEDY “THE GOOD PLACE.”
Standing out in prospecting efforts.Cold outreach needs to: – Speak to your buyer’s needs and objectives – Stand-out from the ho-hum – Elicit an emotional reaction from them.
Fostering and enabling creativity.A single seller or marketer can rarely craft messaging that’s both relevant AND memorable.
Onboarding new team membersGetting new SDRs, AEs, and CSRs to quickly articulate what problems you solve and for who – in simple English.
Lack of leadership consensusEarly stage leadership isn’t always on the same page about who their solution helps and why.
Your favorite TV or movie comedy wasn’t written by one person, but pooled the creativity of 6-12 people. The Beatles couldn’t create as well as solo artists as they could as a team. Heck, I bet you sometimes want extra help in the kitchen.
What You’ll Do
Team Members will Collaboratively:Build out full portraits of your key buyer personas including:
- Their role
- Their desired end-state
- Their most common struggles
- How they’re measured
- What success and failure look like
- Their emotional trigger points
- The impacts of not solving them
- Which other stakeholders are affected
What You’ll Get
- A step-by-step process to transform all that stuff above into openers that roast your buyer’s pain
- Peer learning & collaboration
- A deeper understanding of your buyers and why your company matters to them
- An opportunity to exercise creative muscles
- New ways to improve your phrasing and expression…
- …and finally break free from the evil Buzz Wordington
- An opportunity to take my full training & workshop for a test drive.
12 Outcomes from Crafting Humor as a Group
1) Define who our audience is
2) Articulate why we matter to them
3) Understand their goals & emotions
4) Break down why & how our offerings can affect them
5) Write/express ourselves around them
6) Master language (and ditch jibberish-y buzzwords)
7) Rephrase them
8) Break-down concepts
9) Present/speak in public
10) Get creative
11) Loosen up
12) Create memorable ways to connect with your prospects.
Jon Writes Jokes
How ONE joke can open door after door...
- Memorable messaging. Assemble & register a “Tiger Team” of creative people who really understand your company’s value
- Senior leadership alignment. Are you all on the same page about your company’s “So What?” and “Who Cares”? This class will align y’all.
- Onboarding new sellers. Have a few new hires? Team them up with a savvy, veteran teammate or two. When it’s over, they’ll be able to express what problems you solve for who (in simple English), and have more confidence to deal with prospects and customers.
- General upskilling for top performers. A-Players want to keep growing. Give them another arrow for their quiver.
- Register a group of up to 5 (not limited to sellers or marketers)
- Jon will facilitate pre-work over a 1 hour private session, followed by:
- 4 x 2 hour sessions
- This is an “open registration” class, with a maximum of 5 groups per class
- Upon completion, Jon will “Punch-Up” and edit each group’s jokes
- Add-Ons can be…um….added on….for a more robust final deliverable
- If more than one group registers, the fee is $3000 USD/group (plus applicable taxes for Canadians)
- If only one registers (or you want a private class), fee is $5000 USD (plus applicable taxes for Canadians)
- Want to hear about upcoming classes? Email us to get on a waiting list or click the button below and let’s talk it out.